Wednesday 26 November 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Truffles



My friend and colleague Jane told me about this sweet and simple treat.  She had read it somewhere but couldn't remember where but the idea is so simple I am surprised I've not stumbled into making it on one of my random creation cooking days.  It is just three ingredients; all of which we pretty much always have in stock.

Take a banana and slice it into half inch rounds.  Sandwich two rounds together with a bit of peanut butter then place these carefully on a plate and pop it in the freezer.  Once they are nicely frozen, melt some chocolate and give the sandwiches a good dipping.  The chocolate actually starts freezing onto the truffles whilst you are doing this.  They don't look like works of art but who cares; your going to eat them not look at them!

Eat them there and then (that's what Jane said she normally did!) or be good and place them back in the freezer to take out and eat when the moment takes your fancy.  I really like them straight from the freezer but Phil prefers them just from the fridge; but then he's a bit weird like that as he also likes his bananas really ripe and turning brown whilst I like mine fresh and almost green!!

Either way, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment